Who Will You Be?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome! To WhoWillYouBe! Here we hope to build a better Roleplaying community by replacing rules with common sense. Interacte with user driven characters, story lines and settings. all of our content is user created and free form. Come On In!

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister
Latest topics
» New York Vampire Roleplay {Very Cliche}
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:21 pm by Grimmstone

» Shadows of Solitude
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 pm by Azaro_Leo

» Untiltled Fantasy
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 am by Birdy

» Spelunking I'd love your opinions just a short poem to kind of introduce myself
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:19 am by XxBradahairxX

» Nice to meet you!
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 am by Birdy

» Zombies
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:47 am by Birdy

» just a chillin
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 12:27 am by Birdy

» Plot Scenario Generator
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 pm by Birdy

» One on One
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:01 pm by Birdy

» New Theme
Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 1:54 pm by Azaro_Leo

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) Empty
PostSubject: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 1:00 am

So I Shocked wrote this, here you go. Comment if you wanna see more.

In a small town everyone seems to know each other. They all knew, in only a few days, about anything that went on in, or around, the town. Recently there'd been a murder, or at least a missing person. In late August a young boy had gone missing. Suspicions were high, and very few of the locals felt particularly trusting. Most were now inside, except for a few people, one of whom was a young man still in high school, on his senior year actually. He was eighteen years old, although his height made him look a bit older. He stood at a rather tall at six feet four inches, and his slim frame only made him seem taller. He was about 120 pounds and looked like a walking toothpick, which is how he had gotten himself the name of 'Walking Stick'. He walked along wearing black shoes, blue jeans, and a blue t-shirt, baggy over his thin frame. He also had a black baseball cap on top of his brown hair, which hung over his dark green eyes. Walking Stick's real name just happened to be Alexander James Grant. He considered himself one of the lesser known individuals in town. People knew his name and age, and that was about it. He usually liked to keep his personal information to himself.
A dark form of about five and a half feet in height moved slowly through the shadows around the Local High School. Dressed in a pair of camouflaged boys cargo pants and a small black t-shirt Lilly looked like something from a spy movie. She walked along, semi-silent Converse kicking up dead leaves and wet grass, a long finger occasionally brushing a few strands of dyed black hair away from her face. Coca brown eyes stared blankly into the night sky, watching the moon peek from behind the skeletal forms of dying trees. A shiver crawled its way up her spine causing her to begin on her way home. At only a hundred and sixteen pounds she doubted her ability to do much of anything to anyone, and with the recent disappearance and talk of a murderer running about, she wasn't too keen to be testing that theory.
Alexander, or Alex as he preferred to be called, was not your normal everyday guy. In fact, he led one hell of a strange life. He spent one year somewhere, then moved somewhere else. He was a traveler, and wherever he went, murders seemed to follow, but no one had really pieced together those two bits of information yet. Usually if anyone found the bodies, they didn't suspect anything human, or looked human. There were bite marks from "dogs" on the marred bodies. It wasn't too pretty, probably one of the more gruesome things that some people had seen. In this town there hadn't been the discovery of a body yet, which he unfortunately, did not exactly know either. During the full moon he consciously took a back seat to wild instinct. He could only watch as the wolf within took the wheel and did whatever it wanted. If it wanted food, and the only thing nearby was a human, then it was too bad for that human.
Lilly walked down the center of a recently paved road, Illuminated in the orangey glow of the dim street lights that dotted the road sides. The sound of tires spinning on damp pavement altered her to the shimmering red Camero, speeding around the corner ahead of her, a half a minute before the car came into view. She moved quickly off the midline of the road and on to the curb, avoiding the psychotic driver, and leaned down to scoop up a few good sized stones. She hurled two, accompanied by more than a few curses directed at the speeding car, which was of course long out of reach by the time the first rock was in the air. Resigned, Lilly gave up and let the remaining stones fall back to the earth. Turning on her heel toward the sidewalk, she had decided it to be a safer route than the street; she tripped on a loose stone much larger than the ones she had chosen only a moment before. Fleshy palms broke the girl's fall easily but, in a last ditch effort the sidewalk fought back, stabbing a jagged piece of broken glass into her exposed upper right arm. Yelping audibly, she used the uninjured arm to push herself onto one side. One look at her bleeding limb sent Lilly into a dizzying pool of blackness... her head cracked itself against the un-wavering cement as she fell backwards, slipping into unconsciousness.
Alex saw the whole thing from the other side of the street, and nearly burst out laughing. He would've too, if the girl had gotten up. He rushed across the road after a moment, kneeling beside her. "Whoo... crap that's gotta hurt” he said, checking her pulse in her neck. There were instances where someone had just up and died from smacking their head on the sidewalk in the world. He noted that she was still alive. That was always good. He immediately went for her arm. He'd seen her look at it before she'd just passed out, and saw the piece of glass stuck in it. He frowned a bit, mumbling "Damn you're one hell of an unlucky gal." Checking his pockets for something that could be a bandage, he found nothing of use. They were all empty, not a thing to hold against her arm except his hand. He studied the glass, trying to figure out if he should remove it or not before he picked her up. It would be one hell of a walk, but he could probably get her to the doctor's office, or hospital, both were quite a distance away, but were in the same general area. You passed the doctor's on the way to the hospital, if you took shortcuts. He felt the back of her head after a moment, seeing if there was any blood there. He hoped to god there wasn't. The smell of it was filling the air, but it seemed to be from the glass in her arm, and her roughed up palms probably.
Reeling, Lilly slowly opened her eyes and looked around. She found herself in a very large hospital room. The walls were a sandy beige color with horrible green fern accents. The smell of antiseptic flooded her nostrils and rushed to her brain, and the headache that followed was nothing short of unbearable. Closing her eyes she leaned back against the cardboard pillow and closed her eyes. A few minutes later the throbbing in her head had mostly gone away and she looked around again. She examined the bandaging on her arm and realized she had no idea how it had happened...or why she was in a hospital for that matter. With nothing else left to do and her mind whirling in her head Lilly did the only thing she could think to do. She flopped down on her back and screamed as hard as she possibly could.
Something thumped against the other side of her door. A man came in, holding his ears. "Stop!" he shouted over her as best as he could. "Stop screaming!" he shouted. Alex looked like he was in pain, and his hands were a bit red, along with the better part of his t-shirt. He'd made the mistake of wiping his hands off on his sleeves after he'd checked her injuries, so he was stuck with the red-brown stained sleeves for now. He'd had to bring her all this way to the hospital. It was a long walk, and he was pretty damn tired by the time he'd arrived. They'd promptly taken her from him and put her in this room, bandaged her up, and all that medical crud. They then turned to him, questioning him on what had happened. He explained to the best of his ability, and stuck around after that to make sure she was ok. He'd been just about to seek out a vending machine when she screamed like all hell had broken loose.
Lilly ceased screaming as soon as she realized that she was no longer alone. She sat up and looked toward the door. Her gaze fell directly on a tall, skinny, guy in jeans and a blood stained t-shirt. She just looked blankly at him for a very long time, taking it all in. She finally decided that she wasn't dreaming. The one last small hope she had kept for her sanity was that she was simply having a very weird dream and would wake up very soon. But that obviously wasn't going to happen. Upon realizing this she started asking as many questions as quickly as she possibly could. "Where-am-I-Whats-wrong-with-me-Who-are-you-why-are-you-bleeding-Are-you-alright-What-happened-to-my-arm-Where-am-I??"
It took him a few seconds to realize she'd stopped, but as soon as he did, he stood up straight, letting go of his ears. He took a few more seconds to try and decipher what in the world she'd just said. He sighed, and started to explain. "You are in a hospital. You fell. I helped you out and brought you here. I'm not bleeding, this is your blood. I got some on me while I was carrying you here. I'm fine. And those last two questions, I already answered them for you," he said. "You'll probably have to answer some questions as soon as the nurses realize you're awake. And I might as well ask some of my own. What's your name, number, and parent's names?" he asked her. That would be enough for the nurses for the moment if they came in anytime soon. "Well, I'm assuming you're feeling better now? Your voice box seems to be fine," he said, smiling just a hair.
"Ha." She said shortly, "You're very funny." She leaned gingerly back against the pillow, a pain beginning to creep its way back across her skull. "My name is Lilly. I don't live with my parents and the only number of any use to anyone goes to the blue cell phone that was in the pocket of my camos. Got any ideas where I might find them?" She sat back up and scanned the room looking for them, quickly spotting them draped over an ugly green chair in the corner. Lilly pulled herself from the bed, ignoring the protests from her throbbing brain she quickly walked to the chair.
He sighed, "Your clothes are-... never mind." he said as she got up and went to them. He sighed, looking away as she got dressed.
She grabbed up the pants and yanked them on, up over her legs, letting the white hospital gown fall down over them. As soon as that was done she realized that her shirt was on the back of the chair. She removed the gown as fast as she could and then pulled the black t-shirt over her head.
"Much better,” she said out loud to no one in particular. At least she wasn't freezing anymore. She sat down on the horrific chair and yanked on her converse. Without bothering to tie them she stood up and walked toward the guy standing in the door frame. When she stood about a foot from him she extended her right hand. "I very much appreciate all of your assistance but I must be going now." She paused for a moment before she realized something... "I didn't catch your name."
He looked down to her, and then shook his head. "You know... You probably shouldn't leave until the doctors can check you out” he said. "I'd appreciate it more if you waited for a while for someone to at least check and make sure you're fine to go," he added. He moved aside though, if she wanted to actually leave without making sure she was fine, then it was fine by him. "And I'm Alex..." he added quietly. He frowned a bit.
"Well, you seem fine and I ain't really planning to hang around.” He slid past her, quickly heading for the door.
She wound her way through the hospital, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. After a few close calls with a particularly talkative nurse named rite she finally spied a green exit sign posted over a set of heavy double doors. As she pushed her way through the swinging doors the painfully crisp air rushed ahead to meet her small body full force. Instantly Lilly realized and regretted that she had left her jacket somewhere behind the High school. She contemplated going back for it but figured that it probably wasn't even still there. She had no idea how long she had been in the hospital. No idea what day it was. She wished she had thought to ask Alex. Lilly shrugged it off and walked quickly to the edge of the woods and started through to home
Alex came out of the hospital a moment later, having been stuck in a sudden passing of multiple doctors and nurses, all talking about something. He wasn't paying too much attention to it all. He took a deep breath of the fresh air, hating the stale air that reeked of sickness in the hospital. Alex headed off to the woods, his "home away from "home." He spent most of his time out and away. He liked the forest the best.
Confusion filled Lilly's mind as she batted her way, none to quietly, through the woods. She struggled to remember which direction she was supposed to be traveling. Having taken this route home many times in the short months she had lived in this town she couldn't understand how she had become so horrifically lost. After a while she finally gave into the pounding in her skull and sat on the already frozen ground to rest. She leaned her back against the semi smooth bark of an old birch tree. A short time later she realized that her cargo pants were ripped along the right leg, from her knee down to her shoe. And that her leg was bleeding from the fight with the branches.
Joy. That was one of the words to describe how Alex felt about the forest. It let him be himself. Chasing after small animals, sometimes actually catching them while in his humanoid form. He caught a rabbit today, right as it slipped into its hole. He carried it with him for a few seconds, considering it as a snack, but thought against it and dropped it lightly on the ground. It disappeared within five seconds. He kept going, and suddenly smelled that coppery scent of blood again. He paused for a minute, sniffing around, and then headed off towards the source. If it was an injured animal, there was no sense in letting it go to waste. He sniffed again. Filtering every scent particle through his brain.
Alex liked hunting season. He left to go "hunting" on some of those days. Humans were wasteful. They only hunted and left the injured or dead. Sometimes there were people who just took the antlers, or head... It didn't matter what they took, as long as there was still the meat. Oh those days were great feasts, bloody and horribly gruesome, but great, great feasts.
He froze instantly, mid-step. It took him only a fraction of a second to register the idea that he was tracking a human. Another deep breath. His brain recognized the scent but by the time he had connected it to the girls face it was too late. After all, to the wolf, Meat was meat. Besides no one had ever matched the tracking abilities of the wolf. “That’s the main priority right now,” he reasoned with himself, “What can it hurt?.” And with that he set off in a new direction.
Slowly Lilly’s vision returned to a semi-normal sate. Her head slowed its swimming. And Lilly began to feel much better. She heaved herself to her feet and started off again. This time she knew she was heading home, she recognized a few larger downed trees left from the storm a few nights before. As she walked Lilly questioned her sanity. She was after all, out in the middle of the woods, dressed in camouflage and black. In the middle of deer season. She hoped to god she didn't get shot. Another hospital visit was more than she thought she could take. She could probably handle another go around with her mysterious rescuer though. She couldn't get the image of him out of her head. 'He must think I’m a complete bitch.' She spoke out loud but to herself, 'What was I thinking? Just leaving like that. What’s wrong with me?' Lilly continued to mutter about her stupidity as she continued on.
Alex caught the sound of her voice through the trees. "Hello?" he called, pushing the wolf back. He wanted to see her again, she had seemed mad at him, kind of. Alex had no clue why anyone would be mad at someone who saved their life, but there were strange people in the world. He'd once met a rather strange bum a long time ago that liked people to hurt him. He was weird, maybe she just didn't like to be helped?
“JESUS CHRIST! DON”T DO THAT!” Lilly nearly jumped out of her skin at the sight of him. Here she was, wandering around alone in the dark and next thing she knew she rounded just the right tree and she had run straight into him. She was positive she was going to have a heart attack.
Alex could only laugh at her instant panic. Though he tried, in vain, to mask it with a cough. Shortly he managed to regain control of himself and looked back to Lilly. “Sorry.” He wanted to continue apologizing but the wind kicked up at just the right moment and he suddenly found himself assaulted with the aroma of her blood once more. He felt a hunger gnawing inside of him.
“Well, you should be.” Lilly spat back at him. “You think you can just go around scaring people half to death?” no sooner had the words left her lips than she found herself transfixed. She stared into his eyes, transfixed on the sparkling emeralds within. Deeper than the green of the forest that enveloped them. Alex stared back with unchecked openness. He wondered if this girl could see the monster in him. Wondered if she would run like the rest. No one would hear her here, wrapped in the darkness and vines of the forest he called home. She was out of her element. But she didn’t run. The girl just continued to stare at him.
He moved slowly towards her, not unlike a cat stalking its prey, he didn’t want to startle her. He stopped when he had halved the space between them. Still, the girl didn’t break her gaze. Alex continued to saunter forward. One carefully measured step at a time, until he was close enough to touch the tree she leaned against. Lilly found herself trapped between his outstretched arms he stopped moving just inches from her. He could hear her heartbeat quicken.
Still staring into his eyes Lilly had no desire to move from the spot. She could feel the heat from his body radiating towards her. She inhaled sharply and noticed for the first time that he smelt of soap and earth. Of mud and trees and sap. Like he had been rolling on the pine cone covered ground below her feet.
“You’ve hurt yourself again.” He said as charmingly as he could, trying to make his voice sound playful. “You should be more careful out here at night. “ he murmured, inching forward until he could feel her body heat through his own thin shirt. He looked deeper into his eyes, working unsuccessfully to hold back a low growl. The sound murmured through his lips before he realized. “At night the woods belong to the predatory animals,” he continued softly, his lips brushing together just inches from her right ear. “The villains of the forest if you will. And they smell the blood. It draws them in like magnetism. “he paused, brushing her hair from one side of her neck.
Lilly shuddered at his touch, finally breaking eye contact. It burnt like fire against her skin. “Well, perhaps I can convince you to follow me home.” She looked back up at him through her dark lashes. “You know. Just incase there’s someone else out here, hiding behind trees, waiting to scare young girls out of their skin.”
Alex grinned at her. “But of course I would be honored to escort a lady to her quarters.” He said with a bit of teasing in his voice, but offered her his arm. She took it without a second thought.
“Ah. And they say chivalry is dead.” Lilly commented as she led him off down the wooded path. They walked in silence for the longest fifteen minutes of Lilly’s life before the trees began to thin and she was able to point out the small stone cottage she called home. Lilly led the way inside the house , through the small kitchen and out into what Alex took for a den. The room was littered with short stacks of books and notepads. Pens, markers and pencils lay scattered across the coffee table. Without turning on any lights she expertly slipped across the room to a dark wooden dresser. “You’ll have to excuse the mess; I get sort of scatterbrained sometimes.” As she apologized a match popped to life and she lit five candles in a large ornate holder. “No lights by the way.” She slid onto a long plush black couch that ran along the median of the room.
Alex had his back to her, looking around the small room; it took him a moment to realize she was expecting some sort of feedback. “No, no” he shook his head briefly; “I like it. Very cozy.” And with that he slipped into place next to her, positioning himself so that he was leaning towards her. He tucked her silky hair behind her ear and ran a finger along the curve of her neck. She gave a small shudder and closed her eyes. He traced his way down her neck and over her collarbones. “So, do you always find your way home through these woods? Most people don’t care for them much.”
Lilly managed a soft “Mmm” noise in response.
“Really,” Alex commented softly, “Its rare that I find someone as comfortable in darkness as myself. But you, out at night prowling around, no electric lights…” he trailed off, his thoughts becoming incomprehensible as he breathed her scent. He tried to resist but his lips soon found her neck. He nibbled at her neck and jaw, finally resigned to draw to a close his plan.
Lilly felt his weight as he moved over her. He kissed her hungrily and she felt as if there was something animalistic to his movements. His hands explored her body with a roughness she found she enjoyed. She tugged playfully at his sandy hair as his mouth moved from the nape of her neck to her collarbone, causing a shiver to jolt through her. He continued to hold her, to caress her tender pillows through the rough fabric of her t-shirt.

By the time he finally finished his task Alex found he was quite tired. Lilly lay sleeping beside him on the oversized couch. She hadn’t even felt the bite. Alex almost regretted it now, but it wasn’t something he could take back. He had taken her life, condemned her to a world of shadows and moonlight. He hoped that she would stay with him, being a monster made one very lonely. He knew of course that she probably wouldn’t. Almost everyone sought solitude after the change. It was instinctive, but there was a chance she would want him around to explain, and it was that thought alone that coaxed him off to sleep beside her.
The morning sun filtered through the treetops, casting a few spare beams in through the open curtains in the den of the small cottage in the woods. Alex blinked sleepily in the harsh light and groaned as he stood to pull them closed. He lay back down but eventually gave up on the idea and went into the tiny kitchen.
Instantly he caught the tang of fresh thyme filtering in on the breeze. He stared for a moment. The little room was so full of detail! The exquisitely handcrafted cabinets blended seamlessly with the dark hardwood floors and their small silver knobs accented the large stainless steel refrigerator and a flattop stove that had been expertly set into the black marble countertops. Across the light blue walls he noticed that what he had assumed to be wallpaper were actually individually drawn pictures of wild plants. Each labeled in tiny, scratchy handwriting. One wall was blocked by a sturdy looking wooden bookcase crammed with dozens of cookbooks and scraps of paper littered the shinning surface of the fridge with secret recipes. The low shades that covered the two small windows over the sink were embroidered with any number of symbols he had never seen. Alex didn’t try to decipher them.
He peered out the open windows. The view was pleasant enough. Behind the small brick house lay a rather large garden. A labyrinth of stone paths curved amongst the overflowing beds. Alex gazed in wonder at the plants. Some of them he recognized as plants that grew in the area, common herbs used for cooking, but for the most part he couldn’t tell one exotic looking flower from the next in the sea of color.
He pulled himself back to reality and opened the fridge. He pulled out a carton of eggs and a loaf of bread. He then set to work scrutinizing her spice rack. Most of the tiny jars were glass, and labeled by hand. He had a hard time working out what some of them said but eventually found what he was looking for. Alex had never been much of a cook but was known among friends and family for having the best French toast.
After he finished he ventured out the door and around the house. He picked his way through the garden, looking for his finishing touch. At last he spotted a bed of strawberries; he picked a few, netting them in his shirt. As he was making his way back into the house he noticed a rather nice looking patch of purple orchids growing among a bed of wildflowers. He plucked three flowers from their earthen homes and added them to his pile.
Once back inside he arranged the plate on a silver tray, slipped the flowers into a tall glass of cool water and juiced two sweet smelling oranges into a cup. The girl would need all the strength she could get. He was about to shatter her world.
He piled everything neatly and carried the tray into the comfy room where Lilly still slept soundly, sprawled on the sofa. Alex gently set the tray down on the low table beside her, making as little noise as possible. He gently brushed back her hair and spoke, his voice barely a whisper, his breath warm and moist against her neck. “Time to wake up now Love.” The girl murmured but did not wake. Alex smirked to himself and returned to the kitchen. He quickly found an old coffee pot residing next to the sink and opened the cupboard above from which he removed a filter and a can of rather expensive gourmet coffee.
When the coffee was done he filled a mug, stirred in two sugar cubes and returned to find Lilly still snoozing in the den. He perched beside her and held the cup just inches from her nose. “Come on now. The day has nearly passed you by.” He crooned sweetly in her ear.

A familiar scent pulled at the edges of Lilly’s consciousness, coaxing her back to reality from a dream she couldn’t remember. “Mmmm Coffee” She could already taste it as she rolled onto her back and stretched. And then she found herself wondering how she was smelling coffee when she lived alone.
She shot straight up on the over stuffed couch, ready to fight. She spotted a male figure sitting beside her and threw a well aimed punch straight to his nose. He caught her fist with a quick movement and gently lowered her hand to her lap just as She realized that anyone here to hurt her wouldn’t have bothered with coffee.
Alex, still holding her tightly balled fist in his hands, found himself slightly taken aback. “Do you always wake up in a violent and hostile manner?” he asked pleasantly.
As soon as they made eye contact memories of the day before started to come back to Lilly. She glanced down at her stitches, momentarily forgetting what had happened, and then to the tray of food and finally back to those olive pools that seemed to swallow her up and fill in the blanks. She suddenly remembered everything from the night before.
“Oh, sorry. I feel kind of… “She paused, unsure of how to complete that sentence. Instead she decided to accept the steaming cup of coffee Alex was still offering up to her. “I guess I just must have had some weird dreams is all. Is that French toast?” Lilly positioned the plate on her lap, smothered the puffy fried snacks with syrup, and finished them off quickly. “Wow. I’m so hungry.” She looked back at Alex, expecting him to laugh at her or ask if she wanted more… anything.
But he didn’t and as she carried the tray to the kitchen, and piled her plate with another stack of French toast, she could have sworn there was something off in his eyes, in his expression, in the set of his jaw. She couldn’t quite put a name to it but it was there none the less.
Alex knew that he would have to tell her soon. He couldn’t keep her distracted for much longer. She was already having the dreams, and had eaten an entire loaf of bread’s worth of French toast. “It should be taking longer.“ he was pacing and mumbling to himself when Lilly returned. He stopped and turned to her quickly, “Feeling better?” He grinned sheepishly.
“Well I am. I’m not sure I can say the same for you though.” She stood, feet apart, one slightly in front of another, her weight resting on her toes. “Is there something you’d like to share with the class Alex?” she asked, planting her hands firmly on her small waist.

He just stood there, searching for the words to tell her the truth. But he could find none.
Eventually she would start the change but for now he held his tongue, not wanting to scare her away just yet. “Well, I sort of nosed around a bit while I was making breakfast, I wasn’t sure if you’d mind.” He lied smoothly and with a smile on his face, the hunter masking his feeling seamlessly.
“Oh.” Lilly relaxed visibly. “No biggie, as long as you didn’t smell my clothes or anything stalker-ish.” She sat back down on the couch, Alex coming to take up the spot next to her. With him sitting there, still smelling of pine needles and soap, she found it impossible to ignore the fact that dried blood still clung to her upper arm and streaked her right leg. Bits of leaves and twigs had knotted themselves into her hair and when she rubber her eyes her finger tips came away with black smudges. Her camouflaged pants were torn and her t-shirt had aa hole in it.
As if he knew what she was thinking Alex spoke up then “I’ll clean up this mess. You look like you could use a hot shower.“ With that he gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and started carrying cups into the kitchen.
She got up and made her way into her small bedroom, the comforter still in place on her pillow soft four-poster, the translucent canopy tied back exposing polished solid oak and cabriole legs. As she dug through her closet Lilly couldn’t help but wonder if Alex could read her mind, and she wondered for the first time what he had been doing in the woods surrounding her little hovel. It was too much of a coincidence but she shook it off and turned on the tap.
She finished undressing and showered, the warm water soothing her battered muscles and relaxing her mind as it flowed over her olive skin. Once she felt clean again Lilly dressed in a pair of well fitting blue jeans and a clingy blue halter top. She combed out her ratty mane and brushed her teeth before smearing on some makeup and wrapping gauze around her stitches. What had seemed like a gaping slice the day before was now nothing more than a thick red line secured with five pieces of thin black thread.
When she emerged from her private space Lilly found her living room empty, as well as the little kitchen and the garden outback. Resting on the coffee table in front of the sofa in the den she found a note, scribbled in red ink on the back of a blank recipe card, which read “Enjoy the day. I’ll see you tonight.” Lilly wondered briefly where he would have been in such a hurry to be and why he hadn’t said goodbye but those thoughts were pushed to the back burner as the smell of a fresh pot of percolating coffee caught her attention. Lilly poured herself a fresh mug and snagged a book off the wooden shelf before venturing out back into the garden.
She wandered briefly through the beds, pulling a weed here and there, before settling down on a sunny patch of grass and opening the book to lose herself for a few hours as she did every morning. This morning was different though and no matter how hard she tried she couldn’t seem to focus. After reading the same passage for the third time Lilly finally gave up. She collected her mug and book and set them on a low stone wall that ringed her piece of land. For the first time that day she paused to take in the world around her. It all seemed different today. The colors were sharper, the birds seemed to be singing louder, and the smells blowing from the plants around her assaulted her nostrils with a sudden ferocity that told her something was up.
Immediately her body began pumping adrenaline and her senses went on high alert, she spun around and listened to every sound but could find no threat. She froze, crouched in her garden, listening for an intruder who was not there. After a minute had passed Lilly managed to subdue her over stimulated brain enough to sprint back through the open back door and into the kitchen. Once inside she slammed the door shut as quickly as possible and jammed the dead-bolt into place before punctually blacking out and collapsing in a heap on the floor.

She was spinning, when she opened her eyes she found herself floating. Her body wrapped in soft purple smoke that caressed her skin like silken fingers. Lilly felt a tingling in her feet and when she looked down she saw that they were slowly shifting into paws. The tingling began to spread, first up her legs before branching out around her navel and filling her. Her body began to hum and that hum slowly built within her abdomen until she thought she might die from the sheer intensity of the vibration.
The tingling built as well, becoming a bone deep pain. And then, when she thought she couldn’t stand it any longer, it stopped. She opened her eyes just in time to get her feet under her. The luscious purple smoke had gone and she found herself standing alone in the center of a room, the floor beneath her feet was littered with pine needles and leaves.
The room seemed to be filled with a sort of grey fog like substance that absorbed all light and sound. Lilly turned and found herself face to face with a tawny wolf. She took a step back, eyes locked on the beast ready to bolt at her first chance. The wolf, its eyes never leaving hers, also took a step back.
Wait a minute. Lilly hesitated a moment before taking a step forward and raising her hand. She extended it towards the animal and was only a little shocked when her fingers bumped the smooth surface. Glass.

Lilly sat bolt up right. Shaking violently she curled up and tried to breath. She realized that she wasn’t in her kitchen anymore. She took a quick look around before deciding that she was indeed in her own bed. She took two deep breaths, exhaling slowly. The shaking faded and almost stopped.
Just as she swung her legs over the edged of the bed the mahogany door swung open and Alex stepped in. He wrung his hands and paced back and forth across the room.
“Well, your awake now,” He said, his voice strained, “I guess I might as well just get on with it.” Alex paused and tried powerlessly to asses her reaction to what he was about to say. “There’s something you need to know about me…” He began nervously, “I’m not human.”
He could see the disbelief I her eyes, she thinks I’m joking. So Alex continued, he told her of his people, her people now, and he told her of what she would become. And when he finished he turned to her, expecting horror or fear.
Lilly sat motionless, a look of shock on her face, moth slack. She didn’t say anything. Not one single word. She didn’t move or blink, and Just when Alex was beginning to worry that she had actually had a heart attack on the spot, She raised her head and locked her dark eyes on his. Alex was flooded with feelings of anger, resentment, and fear.
“So let me get this straight,” she began out of nowhere, “You stalked me home from the hospital, bit me, and gave me a virus that is going to make me grow hair all over my body, transform into a wolf, and give me super powers.” She paused before returning his gaze, “And now I’m supposed to trust you?”

Last edited by Birdy on Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:46 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : new segemnt)
Back to top Go down
Azaro

Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:26 pm

take a leaf,replace it with your blood.
you take but do not see.
if they could lash at you,they would
if you listened...you would hear them scream
Back to top Go down
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 pm

so i tried writing more but i have stress induced writers block
Back to top Go down
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 7:30 am

Newest Installment Has Been Added!! Please Read & Review!!
Back to top Go down
Grimmstone
Occasional
Occasional

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:10 am

a few typos aside, it is a wonderful start to a promising story. the attention to detail is amazing
Back to top Go down
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 am

Grimmstone wrote:
a few typos aside, it is a wonderful start to a promising story. the attention to detail is amazing

Yeah? you don't think its too scarlet letter ish with the random sidecomments on details and shit?
Back to top Go down
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

PostSubject: next post ready   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 am

I've been writing a bit more but you aint getting it until you READ & REVIEW!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:46 am

wow dont stop
Back to top Go down
Birdy
Admin
Admin
Birdy

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 1:47 am

Currently working on a title input appreciated
Back to top Go down
Grimmstone
Occasional
Occasional

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 pm

It is at a point of such suspense. it would be nice if Alex narrated a little on "his people" so that we have some idea of what the werewolf lore is in this story. plus I want to know how this conversation ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)   Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Werewolf Story.My current WorkInProgress. (rated M for potential graphic content)
Page 1 of 1